Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shoes! ...Happy Holidays in June!

Holiday Shoe Card Set



Holiday Sneaker Card (a.k.a. Funky Fresh)
First, I must mention Liam Kyle Sullivan since his viral music video, "Shoes," is one reason I had footwear on the brain.The video won a People's Choice Award in 2008, however, I've decided not to post it here due its content and language. There's my obligatory warning for parents or others who might have concerns. I feel inclined to mention Sullivan's work, though, because I think it's important to acknowledge sources of inspiration.

 Aside from Sullivan's vid featuring a teenage shoe addict, I had other sources of inspiration. These included Steve Madden's gladiator wedges and I continue to reap inspiration from the design house of Alexander McQueen, which counted this floral wedge among the offerings in its Spring 2011 collection.  

Since I'm a fan of fashion, my fascination with outrageous shoes led to the creation of holiday shoe cards. I realize the holidays are long gone, but I love these designs so much and they were begging for their own post!

This collection includes four fab, feminine styles (a.k.a. Green Velvet, Peppermint, Holiday Classic, and Gingerbread) plus a more casual athletic shoe design (Funky Fresh) The textures and lettered detailing were a blast to create. I guess that means Funky Fresh  is my favorite design (though I usually hate to pick favorites!).

Green Velvet and Peppermint

Holiday Classic and Gingerbread

Inside View

Funky Fresh

Funky Fresh: ready for his close-up!


Which is your favorite? Can't decide? See the whole set on Etsy.

Here's to fabulously clad footsies! Deuces!

No comments:

Post a Comment