Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Inspiration....Yeah!!!

I'll keep this short and sweet-- I wish the summer heat would do the same! Inspiration rocks. It's what keeps me going. I've been delving more into jewelry crafting, using found objects (beads, filigree, etc) due to my new gig as a vendor at the Van Ness-UDC Farmer's Market in DC. Read a blurb about the June 2011 opening of the market here.

Since it's summer, one of my biggest inspirations is flora. You can see that reflected in my peony card and envelope design above. What can you expect next? Hydrangea, roses, and maybe some lillies, too. These are likely to appear in new jewelry designs like the one I've posted here. I expect flowers will translate in a more literal way than the design concept reflected in Lavender Aura....we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment